Come and follow with us the tracks of long past smugglers and try to pass into the times when the Giant Mountains ridges and hillsides of Rokytnice nad Jizerou witnessed thrilling pursuits among smugglers and keepers of the boarder. Smuggling path is intended for hikers as well as capable cyclists (quite a strenuous climbing). After the basic exploring track Smuggling path ranks among other interesting trail that we have prepared for you.
At 4 stops you will learn a lot of interesting information about history of smuggling in the Giant Mountains and also about smugglers who were very popular among people of the Giant Mountains at that time. It is also possible to go through the Smuggling path on a bike but there is quite a strenuous climbing in the first half of the trail.
Thematic nature trail - Smuggling Path:
- Beginning of the trail: above the lower square in Rokytnice nad Jizerou (coming from the exploring trail „Around Rokytnice“ or directly from the square along yellow tourist mark in the direction of Ručičky)
- End of the trail: crossroad Studenov-Kostelní cesta (then it is possible to continue along green tourist mark to Studenov or go back in the opposite direction along green tourist sign to the exploring trail “Around Rokytnice”, it is also possible to continue along yellow tourist mark to Ručičky)
- Length: 1,3 km
- The lowest point: 590 metres above sea level
- The highest point: 780 metres above sea level
- Level of difficulty: easy track, 30 - 45 minutes walk